About this Qualification
This qualification covers the competencies required for independent and self-directed work in the public sector as a practitioner in government security management. It is suitable for individuals who need to apply integrated technical and theoretical concepts in a broad range of contexts to undertake advanced skilled duties in a government security environment.
This version of the qualification is suited to experienced vetting officers who wish to move into the Positive Vetting arena.
Participants who complete the course are awarded the PSP50316 Diploma of Government Security.
Unit of Competency
- PSPETH003 Promote the values and ethos of public service
- PSPLEG003 Promote compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPSEC011 Assess security risks
- PSPSEC012 Develop security risk management plans
- PSPSEC013 Implement and monitor security risk management plans
- PSPSEC014 Coordinate protective security
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
- PSPGEN054 Use complex workplace communication strategies
- PSPGEN058 Coordinate risk management
- PSPGSD003 Conduct government service delivery interviews
- PSPGEN046 Undertake research and analysis
Course cost is $4,850 and the course is delivered with a blend of online learning and an intensive 5 day practical workshop.
There are no workshops scheduled at this time.
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning.