About this Qualification
This qualification covers the competencies required by a person responsible for the coordination and conduct of investigations. It is suitable for individuals who apply integrated technical and theoretical concepts in a broad range of contexts to undertake advanced skilled duties in a government investigations environment. Under the Australian Government Investigations Standards 2011, personnel managing investigations must hold this qualification.
Units of Competency
- PSPETH003 Promote the values and ethos of public service
- PSPLEG003 Promote compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPINV002 Conduct an investigation
- PSPREG021 Coordinate investigation processes
- PSPREG026 Review and evaluate investigations
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- PSPFRU003 Communicate fraud control awareness
- PSPFRU004 Anticipate and detect possible fraud activity
- PSPGEN054 Use complex workplace communication strategies
- PSPGEN046 Undertake research and analysis
- PSPFRU005 Conduct fraud risk assessments
Delivery and Cost
The course is delivered through a blend of self-paced online learning complementing an intensive five-day scenario-based workshop. Course cost is $4450.
Candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.
Candidates have the option to combine this qualification with the following specialist qualification:
PSP51716 Diploma of Fraud Control
This qualification covers the competencies required by a person responsible for the coordination and conduct of fraud control prevention and detection. It qualifies individuals who apply integrated technical and theoretical concepts in a broad range of contexts to undertake advanced skilled duties in a government fraud control environment. In order to combine both qualifications you will need to complete these additional units:
- PSPFRU007 Implement fraud control activities
- PSPFRU006 Develop fraud control plans
- PSPFRU008 Coordinate development and implementation of fraud information systems
The two qualifications are completed concurrently. The cost for combining the two qualifications is an additional $500.