About this Qualification
This qualification is designed to develop the knowledge and skills of experienced Vetting Officers to enable them to complete complex Positive Vetting security clearances.
Participants who complete the program will receive the PSP50316 Diploma of Government Security.
Candidates will need to hold the PSP40316 Certificate IV in Government Security (Personnel vetting) or PSP40712 Certificate IV in Government (Personnel Security)
Units of Competency
- PSPETH003 Promote the values and ethos of public service
- PSPLEG003 Promote compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPSEC011 Assess security risks
- PSPSEC012 Develop security risk management plans
- PSPSEC013 Implement and monitor security risk management plans
- PSPSEC014 Coordinate protective security
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
- PSPGEN054 Use complex workplace communication strategies
- PSPGSD003 Conduct government service delivery interviews
- PSPGEN046 Undertake research and analysis
- PSPGEN034 Compose complex workplace documents
Delivery and Cost
The course is delivered through a blend of self-paced online learning complementing an intensive five-day workshop that includes the completion of realistic PV clearances. Course cost is $4,500.
Candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.