About this Qualification
Officers primarily engaged as investigators need to hold the PSP40416 Certificate IV in Government Investigations which was released in March 2016.
This qualification is designed for officers working in operational roles undertaking government investigation related functions, with a particular focus on meeting the ethical and legislative requirements of the public service. The qualification covers the broad range of skills required to operate without supervision in a government investigations environment.
Participants learn the skills and knowledge required to plan, initiate, conduct and finalise an investigation.
Units of Competency
- PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
- PSPINV001 Plan and initiate an investigation
- PSPINV002 Conduct an investigation
- PSPINV003 Finalise an investigation
- PSPREG003 Apply regulatory powers
- PSPREG012 Gather information through interviews
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPREG008 Act on non-compliance
- PSPGEN033 Use advanced workplace communication strategies
- PSPREG015 Receive and validate data
- PSPCRT007 Compile and use official notes
- PSPREG006 Produce formal record of interview
- PSPREV002 Undertake legislative decision making
- PSPREG005 Assess compliance
Delivery and Cost
The course is delivered through a blend of self-paced online learning complementing an intensive five-day scenario-based workshop. Course cost is $3500.
Candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.
This course can be completed in combination with the:
- PSP40416 Certificate IV in Government Investigations (Regulatory compliance) – this requires the completion of extra online study and costs an additional $300.
- PSP40316 Certificate IV in Government Security (Fraud control) – this requires the completion of extra online study, three additional days of face-to-face training, and costs an additional $1200.