About this Qualification
This qualification is designed for officers working in operational roles undertaking government investigation related functions, with a particular focus on meeting the ethical and legislative requirements of the public service. The qualification covers the broad range of skills required to operate without supervision in a government investigations environment.
The regulatory compliance specialisation covers the skills required by those responsible for ensuring statutory compliance with the requirements of legislation, regulations and organisational policy.
Units of Competency
- PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
- PSPINV001 Plan and initiate an investigation
- PSPINV002 Conduct an investigation
- PSPINV003 Finalise an investigation
- PSPREG003 Apply regulatory powers
- PSPREG012 Gather information through interviews
Regulatory Compliance Specialisation
- PSPREG005 Assess compliance
- PSPREG006 Produce formal record of interview
- PSPREG015 Receive and validate data
- PSPREG004 Promote client compliance
- PSPREG008 Act on non-compliance
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPCRT007 Compile and use official notes
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPSEC009 Handle sensitive information
Delivery and Cost
The course is delivered through a blend of self-paced online learning complementing an intensive five-day scenario-based workshop. Course cost is $3025.
Candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.
This course can be combined with the Certificate IV in Government Investigations qualification. More Information
There are no workshops scheduled at this time.
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning.