About this Qualification
This qualification is designed for officers working in operational roles undertaking government investigation related functions, with a particular focus on meeting the ethical and legislative requirements of the public service. The qualification covers the broad range of skills required to operate without supervision in a government investigations environment.
The regulatory compliance specialisation covers the skills required by those responsible for ensuring statutory compliance with the requirements of legislation, regulations and organisational policy.
Units of Competency
- PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
- PSPINV001 Plan and initiate an investigation
- PSPINV002 Conduct an investigation
- PSPINV003 Finalise an investigation
- PSPREG003 Apply regulatory powers
- PSPREG012 Gather information through interviews
Regulatory Compliance Specialisation
- PSPREG005 Assess compliance
- PSPREG006 Produce formal record of interview
- PSPREG015 Receive and validate data
- PSPREG004 Promote client compliance
- PSPREG008 Act on non-compliance
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPCRT007 Compile and use official notes
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPSEC009 Handle sensitive information
Delivery and Cost
The course is delivered through a blend of self-paced online learning complementing an intensive five-day scenario-based workshop. Course cost is $3025.
Candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.
This course can be combined with the Certificate IV in Government Investigations qualification. More Information