Under the Protective Security Framework (PSPF), departments and agencies need to foster a professional culture and a positive attitude towards protective security. Under the PSPF, an Assistant Agency Security Adviser (AASA) must be appointed to oversee the day-to-day performance of protective security functions. The PSP40316 Certificate IV in Government Security qualification provides the AASA with the skills and knowledge required to:
- Undertake government security risk analysis
- Implement security risk treatments
- Provide government security briefings
- Communicate security awareness
About this Qualification
This qualification allows for the attainment of occupational specific competencies for those working in operational roles undertaking government security related functions, with a particular focus on meeting the ethical and legislative requirements of the public service. It is suitable for individuals who need to apply a broad range of specialised knowledge and skills in specific contexts within the security environment. This generalist qualification covers the broad range of skills required to operate without supervision in a government security environment.
Unit of Competency
- PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of the public service
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPSEC009 Handle sensitive information
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPGEN038 Identify and treat risks
- PSPGEN043 Apply government processes
- PSPGEN033 Use advanced workplace communication strategies
- PSPGEN034 Compose complex workplace documents
- PSPPCY004 Support policy implementation
- PSPSEC005 Undertake government security risk analysis
- PSPSEC006 Implement security risk treatments
- PSPSEC007 Develop and advise on government security procedures
- PSPSEC010 Provide government security briefings
- PSPSEC015 Communicate security awareness
Delivery and Cost
The course is delivered through a blend of self-paced online learning and a practical scenario-based workshop. Course cost is $3025. Candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.
There are no workshops scheduled at this time.
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning.