About this Qualification
This qualification allows for the attainment of occupational specific competencies for those working in operational roles undertaking government security related functions, with a particular focus on meeting the ethical and legislative requirements of the public service. It is suitable for individuals who need to apply a broad range of specialised knowledge and skills in specific contexts within the security environment. This generalist qualification covers the broad range of skills required to operate without supervision in a government security environment.
Unit of Competency
- PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of the public service
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPSEC009 Handle sensitive information
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPGEN038 Identify and treat risks
- PSPGEN043 Apply government processes
- PSPGEN033 Use advanced workplace communication strategies
- PSPGEN034 Compose complex workplace documents
- PSPPCY004 Support policy implementation
- PSPSEC005 Undertake government security risk analysis
- PSPSEC006 Implement security risk treatments
- PSPSEC007 Develop and advise on government security procedures
- PSPSEC010 Provide government security briefings
- PSPSEC015 Communicate security awareness
Course Delivery and Cost
AFS delivers this qualification in combination with the CPP40519 Certificate IV in Security Risk Analysis.
The course is delivered using a blend of online study and intensive practical workshops:
- Phase 1: Introduction to Security and Risk Workshop (3 days face-to-face)
- Phase 2: Online Study
- Phase 3: Advanced Security and Risk Workshop (5 days face-to-face)
There are no workshops scheduled at this time.
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning.