About this Qualification
This qualification allows for the attainment of occupational specific competencies for those working in operational roles undertaking government security related functions, with a particular focus on meeting the ethical and legislative requirements of the public service. It is suitable for individuals who need to apply a broad range of specialised knowledge and skills in specific contexts within the security environment.
The personnel vetting specialisation covers the skills required for working without supervision within a personal security area.
Units of Competency
- PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of the public service
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPSEC009 Handle sensitive information
Personnel Vetting Specialisation
- PSPSEC008 Conduct personnel security assessments
- PSPGEN033 Use advanced workplace communication strategies
- PSPGEN038 Identify and treat risks
- PSPGEN043 Apply government processes
- PSPREG012 Gather information through interviews
- PSPGEN034 Compose complex workplace documents
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPREG015 Receive and validate data
- PSPGEN027 Gather and analyse information
- PSPGEN003 Deliver service to clients
Delivery and Cost
The course is delivered through a blend of self-paced online learning complementing an intensive five-day scenario-based workshop. Course cost is $3520.
Candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.