About this Qualification
This qualification allows for the attainment of occupational specific competencies for those working in operational roles undertaking government security related functions, with a particular focus on meeting the ethical and legislative requirements of the public service. It is suitable for individuals who need to apply a broad range of specialised knowledge and skills in specific contexts within the security environment.
The fraud control specialisation covers the skills required by those responsible for preventing and detecting fraud.
Units of Competency
- PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPSEC009 Handle sensitive information
Fraud Control Specialisation
- PSPFRU001 Monitor data for indicators of fraud
- PSPFRU002 Conduct fraud control awareness sessions
- PSPCRT007 Compile and use official notes
- PSPGEN034 Compose complex workplace documents
- PSPPCY004 Support policy implementation
- PSPREG005 Assess compliance
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPINV001 Plan and initiate an investigation
- PSPINV002 Conduct an investigation
- PSPREG006 Produce formal record of interview
- PSPREG012 Gather information through interviews
Delivery and Cost
This qualification is achieved through first completing/attending the PSP40416 Certificate IV in Government Investigations course (consisting of online work and five days’ face-to-face training), completing additional online work and attending an additional three-day face-to-face workshop.
Candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.