About this Qualification
Please note: From 1 January 2017, it is mandatory for all trainers/assessors training the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or it successor to hold either the TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training or TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development. Read More
This qualification reflects the roles of experienced practitioners delivering training and assessment services usually within Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) within the vocational education and training (VET) sector. They may have a role in leading other trainers and assessors and in providing mentoring or advice to new trainers or assessors as well as designing approaches to learning and assessment strategies across a significant area within the RTO.
To be eligible to commence this training, candidates must be currently employed as a trainer/assessor with a Registered Training Organisation.
Units of Competency
- TAEASS501 Provide advanced assessment practice
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDEL502 Provide advanced facilitation practice
- TAEDES501 Design and develop learning strategies
- TAELLN501 Support the development of adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEPDD501 Maintain and enhance professional practice
- TAEDES502 Design and develop learning resources
- TAEDES505 Evaluate a training program
- TAETAS501 Undertake organisational training needs analysis
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
Delivery and Cost
The course is delivered through self-paced online learning. Course cost is $4450. Candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.
Candidates completing this qualification through AFS will also receive the TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development at no additional cost.
If you have the superseded TAE50111 and the units included in that qualification meet the packaging rules of the new TAE50116, AFS is able to offer you an upgrade for $250.