About this Qualification
Please note: From 1 January 2017, it is mandatory for all trainers/assessors training the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or it successor to hold either the TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training or TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development. Read More
This qualification reflects the roles of training developers and instructional designers who are responsible for analysing training needs and designing training solutions and products to meet workplace capability requirements, and evaluating the effectiveness of training programs. They may have a role in providing guidance and advice to trainers and assessors, promoting innovative practices, and in researching and incorporating best practice in training and assessment into training programs and products.
To be eligible to commence this training, candidates must be currently employed as a trainer/assessor with a Registered Training Organisation.
Units of Competency
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDES501 Design and develop learning strategies
- TAEDES502 Design and develop learning resources
- TAEDES505 Evaluate a training program
- TAETAS501 Undertake organisational training needs analysis
- TAEASS501 Provide advanced assessment practice
- TAEDEL502 Provide advanced facilitation practice
- TAEPDD501 Maintain and enhance professional practice
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAELLN501 Support the development of adult language literacy and numeracy skills
Delivery and Cost
The course is delivered through self-paced online training. Course cost is $4450. Candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.
Candidates completing this qualification through AFS will also receive the TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training at no additional cost.
If you have the superseded TAE50211 and the units included in that qualification meet the packaging rules of the new TAE50216, AFS is able to offer you an upgrade for $250.