About this Qualification
This qualification allows for the attainment of competencies in Defence intelligence operations including personnel working in operational roles, and undertaking and leading intelligence operations in a Defence or similar government environment.
Australian Forensic Services is the only RTO providing training/assessment in this qualification.
Participants learn the skills and knowledge required to plan, initiate, lead and finalise intelligence operations.
Due to the nature of the units comprising this new qualification, AFS will only be offering training in this new qualification to persons employed by the Department of Defence, the Australian Border Force, the Attorney General’s Department, State/Territory law enforcement agencies and similar bodies.
Units of Competency
- DEFINT001 Supervise intelligence operations
- DEFINT002 Plan and lead a counter-surveillance operation
- DEFGEN007 Conduct risk assessment in a Defence environment
- PSPGEN027 Gather and analyse information
- PUACOM007B Liaise with other organisations
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPINV001 Plan and initiate an investigation
- PSPINV002 Conduct an investigation
- PSPINV003 Finalise an investigation
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- PSPSEC006 Implement security risk treatments
- PSPSEC007 Develop and advise on government security procedures
- PSPSEC012 Develop security risk management plans
Delivery and Cost
The course is delivered through a blend of self-paced online learning complementing an intensive five-day scenario-based workshop. Course cost is $3500.
Candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.
Upcoming Workshop Dates
There are no workshops scheduled at this time.
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning.