About this Qualification
This qualification is for security risk analysts who apply technical security and operations expertise in a risk management environment. Security risk analysts understand the current threat environment and assess risk and advise clients on strategies to ensure the protection of electronic security systems and people and property in crowded places, as defined by Australia’s Strategy for Protecting Crowded Places from Terrorism (2017).
Occupational titles may include:
- event security manager
- security risk adviser
- security risk analyst.
This qualification provides occupational specialisations in electronic security and crowded places, and a pathway to further learning and work in security risk management.
Units of Competency
- CPPSEC4003 Assess and advise on client security needs
- CPPSEC4006 Conduct security risk assessment of client operations
- CPPSEC4007 Identify security threats and assess impact on client operations
- CPPSEC4012 Assess security vulnerabilities of assets
- CPPSEC4022 Establish and implement ethics and governance arrangements for security businesses
- CPPSEC4024 Assess security of crowded places
- CPPSEC4025 Advise on operational requirements to maintain crowded place security
- PSPSEC015 Communicate security awareness
- PSPSEC010 Provide government security briefings
- BSBRES411 Analyse and present research information
- BSBCOM406 Conduct work within a compliance framework
- CPPSEC3125 Implement security procedures to protect critical infrastructure and public assets
Delivery and Cost
AFS delivers this course in combination with the PSP40316 Certificate IV in Government Security