About this Qualification
This is a qualification for investigators, responsible for factual investigation and inquiry work or covert surveillance operations. Investigators operate under limited supervision and use discretion and judgement to search for information about a person’s character, actions or work and gather evidence that may be used in court.
Occupational titles may include:
- inquiry agent
- private investigator.
This qualification provides occupational specialisations in factual investigation and surveillance, and a pathway to further learning and work in investigations management.
Investigators undertaking surveillance operations are required to operate a surveillance vehicle in compliance with road and traffic laws.
Units of Competency
- CPPINV3026 Work effectively in investigative services
- CPPINV3027 Develop investigation plans
- CPPINV3028 Investigate and locate subjects
- CPPINV3029 Provide quality investigative services to clients
- CPPSEC3124 Prepare and present evidence in court
- BSBSMB305 Comply with regulatory, taxation and insurance requirements for the micro business
- CPPINV3030 Conduct factual investigations
- CPPINV3031 Conduct interviews and take statements to support investigations
- CPPINV3032 Develop factual investigation reports
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
- PSPCRT007 Compile and use official notes
- PSPREG006 Produce formal record of interview
- PSPSEC009 Handle sensitive information
- CPPSEC3101 Manage conflict and security risks using negotiation
- FNSMCA303 Serve legal process
- BSBWRT301 Write simple documents
Delivery and Cost
The course is delivered through a blend of self-paced online learning complementing an intensive eight-day scenario-based workshop. Course cost is $5200.00
Candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.
Upcoming Workshop Dates
There are no workshops scheduled at this time.
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning.