About this Qualification
To become a private investigator in Australia you have to obtain the CPP30607 Certificate III in Investigative Services. Students graduating with this qualification are able apply for a Private Inquiry Agent Licence (also known by other names) in all Australian states and territories subject to probity, character and state specific requirements set by police or other licensing authorities.
Units of Competency
- BSBFLM303C Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR301A Organise personal work priorities and development
- CPPSEC3001A Maintain workplace safety in the security industry
- CPPSEC3009A Prepare and present evidence in court
- CPPSEC3026A Work effectively in the investigative services industry
- CPPSEC3027A Develop investigative plan
- CPPSEC3028A Compile investigative report
- CPPSEC3029A Provide quality investigative services to clients
- CPPSEC3030A Conduct surveillance
- CPPSEC3031A Organise and operate a surveillance vehicle
- CPPSEC3032A Gather information by factual investigation
- CPPSEC3033A Conduct interviews and take statements
- CPPSEC3012A Store and protect information
- CPPSEC3034A Operate information gathering equipment
- FNSMERC304B Locate subjects
Delivery and Cost
The course is delivered through a blend of self-paced online learning complementing an intensive five-day scenario-based workshop. Course cost is $1925.
Candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.
Upcoming Workshop Dates
There are no workshops scheduled at this time.
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning.