About this Qualification
This qualification reflects the roles of individuals delivering training and assessment services in the vocational education and training (VET) sector and is also suitable preparation for those engaged in the delivery of training and assessment of competence in a workplace context, as a component of a structured VET program.
In order to enter the program you must be a teacher, trainer or assessor in an enterprise or a registered training organisations (RTOs), or provide training/assessment advisory services.
Those entering this program must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
Units of Competency
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competence
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
Delivery and Cost
The course is delivered through a blend of self-paced online learning combined with a five-day face-to-face workshop. Course cost is $3025. Eligible candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.
Funded training may be available under: User Choice (ACT)
Persons holding the superseded TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment cango through an RPL process in order to update to the new TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment as long as they are currently delivering training and assessment on behalf of an RTO. Costs vary according to individual circumstances: